Blackmore Vale Line Community Rail Partnership (BVCRP) is the local rail partnership covering the stations from Tisbury to Crewkerne.
Travelling by train along the Blackmore Vale Line takes in the most picturesque countryside, skirting the Blackdown Hills, the Blackmore Vale, the Vale of Wardour and the Nadder Valley, connecting with many walks including the Liberty Trail, The Monarch’s Way as well as National Cycle Routes.
“The 50 mile scenic route travels across the three counties of Somerset, Dorset and Wiltshire connecting the stations of Crewkerne, Yeovil Junction, Sherborne, Templecombe, Gillingham and Tisbury.”
Blackmore Vale Community Rail Partnership was set up in January 2016 and officially launched in Sherborne, West Dorset in March 2016 as a result of a franchise pledge by South West Trains. Our Community Rail Partnership is strengthened by the commitment of South West Trains, the main funder, and its responsibility for the development and implementation of a community rail strategy. Our core aims are to promote the area to prospective rail passengers and to work with local people to improve the stations belonging to the rail partnership.
- A joint enterprise working with local groups, people and businesses.
- Non-profit making with a membership open to local people and representatives of commercial, statutory and voluntary organisations who are interested in promoting our core aims.
- Working to our strategy and core aims reflected in our Line Action Plan.
- A 20-strong Board with members overseeing our collaborative work. We meet quarterly and review the actions in the Line Action Plan.
“Stations and local communities are at the heart of our work.”
Our great team are currently working on a number of initiatives promoting the area and improving the appearance of stations belonging to the Community Rail Partnership.
- Our first Line Guide
- ‘Special Train’ Tours
- Bus timetables for all stations
- Information and Map Boards
- Planting schemes
Our Monthly Reports