This summer, between 5 and 28 August inclusive, fewer South West Trains services will run while work starts to extend platforms at London Waterloo. This will allow longer trains with more seats and more space for passengers.
Click the link below to download the temporary timetable for the Waterloo to Exeter line for August during the major Waterloo Works.
During August, the impact on your journey will vary depending on when and where you travel but as fewer trains will be running your journey might be changed in the following ways, even if you are not travelling into London:
- The majority of stations will have fewer train services
- Services and stations will be busier than usual, especially in the morning and evening peaks on weekdays
- Some journeys are likely to take longer
- There will be queuing systems outside some stations
- A small number of stations will be closed
- Other operators’ services will also be busier while passengers take alternative routes, including London Underground.
There will be changes to your journeys but we are doing everything we can to reduce inconvenience and make your journey as smooth as possible, including:
- Run longer trains throughout the day to provide more space and help you travel outside of the busiest times
- Temporarily open platforms 20-24 (the former Waterloo International Terminal) to reduce some of the impact of closing platforms 1-9
- Continue to provide information in advance to help you plan your journey
- Work round the clock to finish the works as quickly as possible